Appointments at Novacap
February 05, 2018
(Montréal, January 2018) : Supporting its continuing strong growth, NOVACAP, a leading Canadian private equity firm, welcomes two new partners within its teams:
– NOVACAP Industries welcomes a new Partner, Michel Toutant. Before joining NOVACAP, Mr. Toutant was Vice President, Customer Service, with Pratt & Whitney Canada. As part of his role, he guided and managed the P&WC global aftermarket business. Mr. Toutant studied mechanical engineering at the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières and received a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) from Université Laval. He has over 20 years of experience in the aerospace, energy and marine industries. Before joining P&WC, he held various positions of increasing responsibility at ABB and Rolls-Royce, where he was president of Rolls-Royce Canada and chief operating officer of the Marine division, based in the United Kingdown. In 2009, Mr. Toutant received the Prix Pythagore from the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières for excellence in the fields of science and engineering. In 2011, he also received the Prix Hermès from de Faculty of Business Administration at the Université Laval.
– For NOVACAP TMT, David Lewin is promoted to Partner. Before joining NOVACAP in 2011, where he held the position of Principal, Mr. Lewin was a Manager at PSP Investments in Montreal where he was involved in the evaluation and execution of private equity transactions. Before that, he worked in investment banking at National Bank Financial Markets. Mr. Lewin received a Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in public accountancy from HEC Montréal, where he graduated with Great Distinction. He also earned an MBA from McGill University, where he graduated on the Dean’s Honour List. Mr. Lewin sits on the Board of directors of Pivotal Payments, Syntax, Onstream, Dialogic, PKWare and Firmex.
Furthermore, the following appointments were announced and are effective immediately:
- Jamie Cartwright, Principal
- Josiane Turcotte, Senior Legal Counsel
- Samuel Nasso, Vice President
- Philippe Martin, Vice President
- Kristian Valenta, Senior Associate
- Anastassia Volkova, Senior Associate
- Nicolas Lindstrom, Associate
- Michelle Choong, Associate
- Laura Johnson-Legault, Senior Analyst
- Zachary Zheng, Senior Analyst
“These changes will allow NOVACAP to begin the generational transition that we advocate in our companies while bringing a good dose of energy, fresh blood and new ideas to our management team” says Jacques Foisy, Chairman and Managing Partner. “We are now well underway to capitalize on the many opportunities presented to us, and allow NOVACAP to achieve the best results of its history” says Pascal Tremblay, President and Managing Partner at Novacap.
Founded in 1981, NOVACAP is a leading Canadian private equity firm with $2.3 billion of asset under management. The firm raised over $2.6 billion of capital since its inception. Its unique investment approach, based on deep operational expertise and an active partnership with entrepreneurs, has helped accelerate growth and create long-term value for its numerous investee companies. With an experienced management team and substantial financial resources, NOVACAP is well positioned to continue building world-class companies. For more information, please visit www.novacap.ca