VP Operations - Strategy & M&A Integration
July 16, 2021
About the position
Novacap Operations team is focused on value creation for the entire Novacap portfolio companies. The team is composed of experienced managers with deep operational expertise in different business functions. The Operations team assist Investment teams in different areas of the operational Due Diligence and implement value creation playbooks.
Working closely with the management, the Operations team members oversees the development and implementation of various playbooks bringing together best management practices to create world-class organization.
Reporting to the Senior Partner leading the Novacap Operations team, the Vice-President Operations (Strategy & M&A Integration) is responsible for:
- Assist portfolio companies in the development of their strategy, strategic plan/framework, and the detailed operating plans.
- Facilitates the execution of the strategy by working collaboratively with the other executive team members to ensure successful execution of the business strategy.
- In collaboration with portfolio functional leaders, assist post acquisition integration activities.
- Assist portfolio companies and deal teams in the preparation of divestiture processes.
- 10-15 years of experience in leading strategic planning, M&A integration including an exceptional track record in senior management roles.
- Holds an undergraduate degree, ideally in administration, engineering, or operations management. An MBA will be considered an asset.
- In-depth experience in performance indicator establishment and activity monitoring.
- Experience in a financial driven culture is considered ideal.
- Solid experience in consulting is an undeniable assets.
- Bilingual, French and English with strong communication skills.
Other personal characteristics
- Entrepreneurial, growth oriented and calculated risk taker.
- Strong communication skills, business acumen and ability to establish credibility internally, with clients / partners as well as with the entrepreneurial community.
- Team player and leader who is highly motivated and interested in building successful organizations.
- A pragmatic person with exceptional business instincts motivated by a sense of urgency to solve problems and make meaningful decisions.
With over $8 billion in assets under management and first quartile returns in North America, NOVACAP is one of Canada's, in fact one of North America’s, leading private equity firms. Since 1981, its partnership strategy has helped more than 90 companies accelerate their growth and maximize value.
NOVACAP provides active support, deep operational expertise, and growth capital to help companies with strategic competitive advantages realize their full potential.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace.
Please send your resume to [email protected]