Vice President Operations (Finance)
February 28, 2020
Novacap is building an exceptional team to support the management personnel of its newly acquired or merged companies. This team, comprised of managers experienced with mergers and acquisitions, is responsible for simplifying the entire transition process and implementing best management practices to create projected value for the company.
This team’s responsibilities are to build and maintain a list of activities (playbook) gathering best management practices, to optimize and document the processes used during past projects, to ensure strong governance of portfolio companies, to maintain procedures (templates) that can be used by investment teams, to consolidate all documentation in a central location and manage updates, and finally, to work with the investment teams to ensure value creation for the company.
Reporting to the Novacap TMT Partner managing the Operations team, the Vice President Operations is expected to:
1. Implement management and financial monitoring solutions, as well as performance indicators for portfolio companies
2. Work in partnership with Deal teams in the operational due diligence process of the finance department
3. Design playbooks to create value in line with the area of expertise
4. Apply tools to assess the financial results of the various portfolio companies on a monthly basis
5. Identify gaps between existing practices and best practices
6. Support management teams in the implementation of playbooks
7. Act as a resource person for finance teams of the portfolio companies
- - 10 years of experience in the finance field with large companies (e.g. banks, private equity companies, etc.) including an exceptional track record in management roles. Work experience in a corporate culture focused on financial performance is considered an important asset
- - In-depth experience in key functional areas, including financial activities, activity monitoring and performance-indicator monitoring. Experience in financial operations, consultation and the implementation of financial solutions (ERP) is considered an asset
- - An undergraduate degree in accounting, finance and / or administration. CPA or other accounting designation is considered an asset
- - You are bilingual French / English with solid communication skills.
Other personal characteristics
- - A seasoned entrepreneurial acumen, with an affinity for growth, development and calculated risk-taking
- - Charisma and strong interpersonal communication skills. An ability to establish credibility internally, with clients / partners and with the financial community
- - Strong teamwork and leadership skills with a high motivation to build a successful organization
- - A pragmatic work ethic and a sense of urgency. Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
Location : Brossard (Qc)
If your profile is relevant to this role, then please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Consultants/Agencies: Please be aware that we only use agencies with which we have an established relationship with and will only respond to applications from individuals.
Founded in 1981, Novacap is a leading Canadian private equity firm with $3.6 billion of assets under management. Its distinct investment approach, based on deep operational expertise and an active partnership with entrepreneurs, has helped accelerate growth and create long-term value for its numerous portfolio companies. With an experienced management team and substantial financial resources, Novacap is well-positioned to continue building world-class businesses. Backed by leading global institutional investors, Novacap's deals typically include leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, add-on acquisitions, IPOs, and privatizations. Over the last 39 years, Novacap has invested in more than 90 companies and completed more than 130 add-on acquisitions. The company has offices in Toronto, Ontario and Brossard, Quebec. For more information, please visit www.novacap.ca