January 14, 2022
The VP Investment supports Novacap's three sectors: TMT, Industrials and Financial Services. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Investments, the VP of Investments participates in the acquisition and disposition process in collaboration with a dynamic team of professionals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Financial and tax due diligence, including oversight of third parties involved in the process
- Negotiating legal documentation relating to business acquisitions and disposals, primarily with respect to financial and tax aspects
- Establishing transaction structures and managing closing mechanisms, including post-closing adjustments.
- CPA designation. A strong background in accounting is essential, a CFA and/or Master's degree will be an asset.
- 15 years of experience, including 5-10 years of experience in transactional financial aspects of acquisitions/divestitures.
- Tax knowledge related to transactions will be an asset.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Fluently bilingual, French and English, with good communication skills.
Other personal characteristics
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen, rigorous, and autonomous.
- Ability to work across many different business areas, personalities and situations in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work on several transactions simultaneously.
- Practical and pragmatic mindset.