Financial Analyst - Fund Accounting
June 06, 2022
In view of Novacap's growth, we are looking for a Financial Analyst - Fund Accounting to complete the Finance and Accounting team
The Financial Analyst is responsible for all accounting activities and financial analysis related to a group of investment funds assigned to him/her. He/she actively participates in the achievement of a very high level of quality of financial information and to meet established and regulatory deadlines.
Summary description of the position
Accounting and financial reporting :
- Preparation of performance analysis and all accounting related to the financial reporting of investment funds.
- Investment fund bookkeeping: preparation of month-end accounting entries, accruals, monitoring of inter-affiliate transactions, etc.
- Preparation of quarterly/annual financial reports of private equity funds to partners, with a focus on high quality financial information while meeting established deadlines.
- Detailed understanding of the legal documents governing the investment funds to ensure compliance.
- Responding to ad-hoc internal and external requests for information related to accounting and partner holdings as well as investment fund holdings and performance analysis.
- Preparation of files and management of year-end audit work for certain investment funds.
- Assist the Manager(s), VP Finance & Administration and CFO in the preparation of various financial analyses.
- Actively participate in the cash management of the investment funds, including opening of bank accounts, monitoring of credit facilities, cash flow analysis, projections, etc.
- Preparation of cash flow analyses on a regular basis to ensure sound management as requested by the team.
- Preparation of cash flow analyses in the context of capital calls and remittances, including carried interest distributions to the general partner.
- Preparation of investment fund tax returns and issuance of tax slips and related partnership documents
- Actively participate in the preparation of financial information for various tax mandates performed by external advisors relating to private equity funds and portfolio companies.
- Prepare compliance documents to satisfy Canadian, US and other tax authorities as applicable.
- Assist in the preparation of investment disbursements and review of legal documentation to ensure proper accounting for private placements.
- Implementation of accounting systems.
- Providing administrative and accounting support for the creation of new investment funds.
- Other adhoc requests
- 3+ Experience in accounting and performance analysis of investment funds
- 3+ Experience in internal and external reporting
- Experience in taxation related to investment funds may be considered an asset.
- Bilingual, excellent written and spoken French and English
- Active CPA license required
- Excellent analytical skills and advanced knowledge of financial instruments.
- Leadership, adaptability, proactivity and motivation to learn and take on new challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professionalism and customer service skills required
- Organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills