Senior Associate – Novacap Infra Energy
February 05, 2018
Novacap is seeking a senior associate working as part of Novacap Infra Energy investment team in the Montreal office. This will involve deal and investment evaluation, financial modelling and analysis, and work on the whole valuation process including the development of investment thesis.
• Preparation and review of bids, transaction documentation and risk allocation (including commercial contracts, such as concession agreements D&B and O&M subcontracts)
• Support financial modeling for energy and infrastructure projects
• Analyzing and optimizing financial structures for project finance and infrastructure transactions including financial documentation (term sheets, funding agreements)
• Reviewing project documentation and due diligence materials to identify risks and business/project value drivers
• Engaging professionally with third parties, such as investment partners, lenders, due diligence advisors and client representatives
• Prepare presentations to senior management
• Draft and review term sheets, letters of intent and various closing documents
• Maintain and present pipeline reports periodically to senior management
• Develop investment thesis, and investment memorandums
• 5-8 years of experience required, experience with Excel modeling and PowerPoint is required.
• Languages: Fluent in English and French (Spanish a plus)
• Undergraduate in finance (CFA, MBA, CBV or MSc. in Finance preferred)
• Excellent analysis experience including financial modelling & valuation.
• Experience of project finance advisory within energy/infrastructure (investment banking, consultancy, private equity)
• Entrepreneurial & comfortable working independently
• Strong commercial, business acumen, problem solving & presentation skills.
If your profile is relevant to this role, then please send your CV to: email@example.com
Position based in Longueuil, Québec
Recruitment Consultants/Agencies: Please be aware that we only use agencies with which we have an established relationship with and will only respond to applications from individuals.